Sinemorets is situated 5 km southeast of Ahtopol and 85 km from Burgas. Situated on a peninsula south of the mouth of Veleka in place of an ancient Thracian settlement. Until 1930 village bears Kalandja Turkish name, which is paraphrase of the Greek "kalandzaki" (good fireplace). Today the name of the village is a literal translation from the Greek "galaza", which means blue sky colour. The oldest written source about Sinemorets dates back to 1498 in this document to trade with salt in which are mentioned 19 families. During the XII century in the village tax register kaaza / County / Anhialo in the composition of district Agatopol. During this period the village was often attacked by sea pirates. This was mentioned by Austrian diplomat Wenzel von Bronyar who passed by sea f rom here in 1766 and according to which, Kalandja had 17 houses and the population was engaged mainly in export of timber. His name appears on the card and the Ottoman Empire by the German geographer Christian Gottlieb Reinhardt printed in 1821. After the Liberation in 1878 Sinemorets remains in Turkey. He was released in the Balkan war. Until 1913 -1915 was inhabited by Greeks and Bulgarians. After the exodus of the Greeks in the village settled refugees mainly from Pirgoplo and Blatsa. The main livelihood of the population is agriculture and livestock.
Veleka (Volakos, Bulgarian - comfortable) is the largest river in Strandzha district. It is the most pure and rich in fish river in Bulgaria. From its mouth, where it forms a large lagoon, to the village of Kosti, it meanders between broad fertile terraces, suitable for planting all kinds of cereal cultures.Veleka is deep during the winter months.





Синеморец съдържание край